|Home||» Products||» Anti Cancer Medicines||» Tagrisso (Osimeritinib|
- Brand name: Tagrisso
- Active Ingeridents (Generic Name) : Osimeritinib
- Company Name:Astrazeneca
- Package: 30 Tablets
- Strength : 40mg
This medication is used to treat lung cancer. Tagrisso ( Osimeritinib) belongs to a class of drugs known as kinase inhibitors. It works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells. It binds to a certain protein (epidermal growth factor receptor-EGFR) in some tumors.
Mechanism of action:
Tagrisso ( Osimeritinib) is kinase inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), which binds irreversibly to certain mutant forms of EGFR (T790M, L858R, and exon 19 deletion) at approximately 9-fold lower concentrations than wild-type.
Dosage & Administration:
- Tagrisso ( Osimeritinib) is a pill, taken by mouth, one daily. It can be taken with or without food.
- Take Tagrisso ( Osimeritinib) exactly as prescribed.
- Try to swallow Tagrisso ( Osimeritinib) tablets whole.
- Do not change your dose or stop Tagrisso ( Osimeritinib) unless your health care provider tells you to.
- If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at your regular time.
- Do not take more than 1 dose of Tagrisso ( Osimeritinib) at one time. Call your health care provider right away if you take too much.
The amount of Tagrisso ( Osimeritinib) that you will receive depends on many factors, your general health or other health problems, and the type of cancer or condition being treated. Higher doeses do not give a better response and may cause increased toxicity. Your doctor will determine your dose and schedule.
Diarrhea, nausea, mouth sores, dry/itchy skin, tiredness, back pain, headache, or loss of appetite may occur. If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Before taking Tagrisso ( Osimeritinib), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history.
Store: Store Tagrisso ( Osimeritinib) at room temperature between 68 degree F to 77 degree F (20 degree C to 25 degree C)