Price And Quantity
- 1 Unit
- As Per Order Requirement Per Day
- 1-12 Days
- Brand Name:Edurant
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Rilpivirine
- Company Name: Janssen
- Package:30 Tablets /Bottle
- Strength :25mg
Edurant (Rilpivirine) is used with other HIV medications to help control HIV infection. It helps to decrease the amount of HIV in your body so your immune system can work better. This lowers your chance of getting HIV complications (such as new infections, cancer) and improves your quality of life. This medication is usually prescribed to people who have not taken any HIV medications before. Edurant (Rilpivirine) is a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI). It blocks the virus from growing and infecting more cells.
Mechanism of action:
Edurant (Rilpivirine) is an NNRTI which binds to reverse transcriptase which results in a block in RNA and DNA- dependent DNA polymerase activities. One such activity is HIV-1 replication. Intracellular phosphorylation is not necessary for its antiviral activity. Because of the structure of Edurant (Rilpivirine) is flexible around the aromatic rings, the molecule can have multiple conformations so that can bind to residues in the reverse transcriptase enzyme which have a lower mutation rate.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Edurant (Rilpivirine) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
· Take Edurant (Rilpivirine) by mouth with a meal. Do not substitute a protein drink for a meal.
· If you are also taking didanosine, take it on an empty stomach at least 2 hours before or 4 hours after you take Edurant (Rilpivirine).
· If you are also taking an antacid (eg, that contains magnesium, aluminum, calcium), take it at least 2 hours before or 4 hours after you take Edurant (Rilpivirine).
· If you are also taking an acid blocker (eg, ranitidine, famotidine, cimetidine, nizatidine), take it at least 12 hours before or 4 hours after you take Edurant (Rilpivirine).
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Edurant (Rilpivirine).
Headache or trouble sleeping may occur. If either of these effects persists or worsens, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Before taking Edurant (Rilpivirine), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: kidney disease, liver disease (such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C).
Store Edurant (Rilpivirine) between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store in the original bottle, away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Edurant (Rilpivirine) out of the reach of children and away from pets.