|Home||» Products||» Anti Cancer Medicines||» Xtandi Enzalutamide|
Brand name: Xtandi
Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Enzalutamide
Company Name: Astellas
Package: 120 capsules/Bottle
Xtandi (Enzalutamide) is used to treat men with a certain type of prostate cancer. T
Mechanism of action:
Xtandi (Enzalutamide) is a competitive androgen receptor inhibitor that effects multiple stages of the signalling pathway. It is able to inhibit androgen binding to its receptor, androgen receptor nuclear translocation, and subsequent interaction with DNA. As a result, proliferation of prostate cancer cells decreases which ultimately leads to apoptosis and decreased tumour volume.
Dosage and Administration:
- Taken as a capsule by mouth.
- Take with or without food at the same time each day with a full glass of water
- Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush, chew or dissolve capsules.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember that day. If you miss a day, do not double your dose the next day. Just skipped the missed dose. Call your healthcare provider if you are not sure what to do.
- Keep the container closed tightly, dry, and out of the reach of children.
- The amount of Xtandi (Enzalutamide) that you will receive depends on many factors. Your doctor will determine your dose and schedule.
Hot flashes, headache, dizziness. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Before taking Xtandi (Enzalutamide), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: high blood pressure, seizures, risk factors for having seizures (such as brain injury, stroke, brain tumor).
Store: Store Xtandi (Enzalutamide) at room temperature (68-77 degrees F or 20-25 degrees C). Store at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, Keep out of the reach of children. Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.