|Home||» Products||» Anti Cancer Medicines||» Votrient Pazopanib|
- Brand name: Votrient
- Active Ingeridents (Generic Name) : Pazopanib Hcl
- Company Name: Glaxosmithkline
- Package: 30 tablets
- Strength : 200mg
Treating patients with advanced kidney cancer. It is also used to treat patients with certain types of advanced soft tissue cancer who have received chemotherapy in the past. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. Votrient (Pazopanib) is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor. It works by preventing the growth of cancer cells.
Mechanism of action:
Votrient (Pazopanib) is a second-generation multitargeted tyrosine kinase inhibitor against vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1, -2, and -3, platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha, platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta, and c-kit. These receptor targets are part of the angiogenesis pathway that facilitates the formation of tumour blood vessel for tumour survival and growth.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Votrient (Pazopanib) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
· Votrient (Pazopanib) comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Votrient (Pazopanib) refilled.
· Take Votrient (Pazopanib) by mouth on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating.
· Swallow Votrient (Pazopanib) whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
· Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you use Votrient (Pazopanib).
· If you miss a dose of Votrient (Pazopanib), take it as soon as possible. If there are less than 12 hours before your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Votrient (Pazopanib).
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Diarrhea; dry skin; hair loss; headache; indigestion; lightening of hair or skin color; loss of appetite; mild stomach pain; muscle or bone pain; nausea; taste changes; tiredness; trouble sleeping; tumor pain; vomiting; weakness; weight loss.
Before starting Votrient (Pazopanib) treatment, make sure you tell your doctor about any other medications you are taking (including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc.). While taking Votrient (Pazopanib), ask your doctor before you take .
While taking Votrient (Pazopanib), do not receive any kind of immunization or vaccination without your doctor’s approval.
Store Votrient (Pazopanib) between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Votrient (Pazopanib) out of the reach of children and away from pets.