|Home||» Products||» Hepatitis Drugs||» Tyzeka Telbivudine|
Tyzeka ( Telbivudine)
Brand name: Tyzeka
Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Telbivudine
Company Name: Novartis
Package: 30 Tablets/ Bottle
Strength : 600mg
Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) is used to treat long-term hepatitis B infection. Hepatitis B is an infection of the liver caused by the hepatitis B virus. Persistent infection can cause liver damage, rarely liver cancer, and liver failure. Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) helps to decrease the amount of hepatitis B virus in your body. It is an antiviral that belongs to a class of drugs known as hepatitis B virus nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors.
Mechanism of action:
Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) 5'–triphosphate inhibits HBV DNA polymerase (reverse transcriptase) by competing with the natural substrate, thymidine 5'–triphosphate. This leads to the chain termination of DNA synthesis, thereby inhibiting viral replication. Incorporation of Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) 5'–triphosphate into viral DNA also causes DNA chain termination, resulting in inhibition of HBV replication. Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) inhibits anticompliment or second-strand DNA.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
· Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) refilled.
· Take Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) by mouth with or without food.
· If you have difficulty swallowing Tyzeka ( Telbivudine), tell your doctor. There may be another form of Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) you can take.
· Take Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Taking Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
· Continue to take Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
· If you miss a dose of Tyzeka ( Telbivudine), take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. Contact your health care provider if you are not sure what to do.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tyzeka ( Telbivudine).
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Back pain; cough; diarrhea; dizziness; headache; joint pain; mild sore throat; mild stomach pain or upset; nausea; tiredness; trouble sleeping.
Before taking Tyzeka ( Telbivudine), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: kidney problems, alcohol use.
Store Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) in the original container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Tyzeka ( Telbivudine) out of the reach of children and away from pets.