|Home||» Products||» HIV Medicines||» Tivicay Dolutegravir|
- Brand name: Tivicay
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Dolutegravir
- Company Name: Glaxosmithkline
- Package: 30 Tablets/Bottles
- Strength :50mg
Tivicay (Dolutegravir)is indicated in combination with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in adults and children aged 12 years and older and weighing at least 40 kg. Tivicay (Dolutegravir)is an HIV-1 integrase strand transfer inhibitor. It works by blocking HIV-1 integrase, an enzyme needed for the HIV virus to replicate.
Mechanism of action:
Tivicay (Dolutegravir)is an HIV-1 antiviral agent. It inhibits HIV integrase by binding to the active site and blocking the strand transfer step to retroviral DNA integration. This is an essential step of the HIV replication cycle and will result in an inhibition of viral activity. Tivicay (Dolutegravir)has a mean EC50 value of 0.5 nM (0.21 ng/mL) to 2.1 nM (0.85 ng/mL) in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) and MT-4 cells.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Tivicay (Dolutegravir)as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
· An extra patient leaflet is available with Tivicay (Dolutegravir). Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
· Take Tivicay (Dolutegravir)by mouth with or without food.
· Do not take an antacid or product that has magnesium, aluminum, iron, or calcium in it; sucralfate; or buffered medicines within 6 hours before or 2 hours after you take dolutegravir.
· Take Tivicay (Dolutegravir)on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Taking Tivicay (Dolutegravir)at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
· Continue to take Tivicay (Dolutegravir)even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
· If you miss a dose of dolutegravir, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 4 hours of your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use dolutegravir.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Headache; tiredness; trouble sleeping.
Before taking Tivicay (Dolutegravir), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver disease (such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C), kidney disease.
Store Tivicay (Dolutegravir)at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Tivicay (Dolutegravir)out of the reach of children and away from pets.