|Home||» Products||» HIV Medicines||» Synthivan Atazanavir Ritonavir|
Synthivan Atazanavir Ritonavir
Synthivan (Atazanavir / Ritonavir )
Brand name: Synthivan
Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Atazanavir / Ritonavir
Company Name: Cipla
Package : 30 Tablets/Bottle
Strength : Atazanavir 300mg + Ritonavir 100mg
Treating HIV infection. It is used along with other medicines for HIV. Synthivan (Atazanavir / Ritonavir )is a combination of 2 HIV protease inhibitors. It works by stopping the HIV virus from multiplying.
Mechanism of action:
Atazanavir selectively inhibits the virus-specific processing of viral Gag and Gag-Pol polyproteins in HIV-1 infected cells by binding to the active site of HIV-1 protease, thus preventing the formation of mature virions. Atazanavir is not active against HIV-2.
Ritonavir inhibits the HIV viral proteinase enzyme which prevents cleavage of the gag-pol polyprotein, resulting in noninfectious, immature viral particles.
Dosage and Administration:
· An extra patient leaflet is available with Synthivan (Atazanavir / Ritonavir ). Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
· Take Synthivan (Atazanavir / Ritonavir )by mouth with or without food.
· Continue to take Synthivan (Atazanavir / Ritonavir )even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
· Taking Synthivan (Atazanavir / Ritonavir )at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
· If you miss a dose of Synthivan (Atazanavir / Ritonavir ), take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Below are the common side effects that may occur when using Synthivan (Atazanavir / Ritonavir )Tablet. Please consult your doctor if you observe any of these side effects even in mild form.
· Abdominal pain , Accumulation of body fat, Anxiety, Asthma
Take the following precautions or be careful about the following while consuming Synthivan (Atazanavir / Ritonavir ) Tablet:
· Children , Consult a doctor if you have haemophilia or pancreatitis, Kidney problems
Store: Synthivan (Atazanavir / Ritonavir )room temperature away from moisture and heat or cold. Do not freeze.