|Home||» Products||» HIV Medicines||» Reyataz Atazanavir|
- Brand name: Reyataz
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Atazanavir
- Company Name: Bristol-Myer Squibb
- Package : 30 Capsules
- Strength : 300mg
This drug is used with other HIV medications to help control HIV infection. It helps to decrease the amount of HIV in your body so your immune system can work better. This lowers your chance of getting HIV complications (such as new infections, cancer) and improves your quality of life.
Mechanism of action:
Reyataz (Atazanavir) selectively inhibits the virus-specific processing of viral Gag and Gag-Pol polyproteins in HIV-1 infected cells by binding to the active site of HIV-1 protease, thus preventing the formation of mature virions. Reyataz (Atazanavir) is not active against HIV-2.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Reyataz (Atazanavir) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
· An extra patient leaflet is available with Reyataz (Atazanavir). Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
· Take Reyataz (Atazanavir) by mouth with food.
· Swallow Reyataz (Atazanavir) whole. Do not break, crush, open, or chew before swallowing.
· If you miss a dose of Reyataz (Atazanavir), take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Reyataz (Atazanavir).
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Cough; diarrhea; headache; mild stomach pain; muscle pain; nausea; stuffy or runny nose; trouble sleeping; vomiting.
Before taking Reyataz (Atazanavir), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver problems (including hepatitis B or C infections), kidney problems (including kidney stones), heart problems (such as heart rhythm problems, irregular heartbeat, coronary artery disease, heart attack), diabetes, a certain bleeding problem (hemophilia).
Store Reyataz (Atazanavir) at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Reyataz (Atazanavir) out of the reach of children and away from pets.