|Home||» Products||» Anti Cancer Medicines||» Rasburnat Rasburicase|
- Brand name: Rasburnat
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Rasburicase
- Company Name: Natco
- Package: Vial
- Strength: 1.5mg
This medicine is Preventing high blood levels of uric acid from occurring in patients with certain types of cancer (eg, leukemia, lymphoma, solid malignant tumors) who are receiving cancer chemotherapy treatment.
Rasburnat (Rasburicase) is a urate-oxidase enzyme. When chemotherapy is given, cancer cells are destroyed, releasing large amounts of uric acid into the blood. Rasburnat (Rasburicase) works by allowing uric acid to be more easily removed from the body by the kidneys.
Mechanism of action:
In humans, uric acid is the final step in the catabolic pathway of purines. Rasburnat (Rasburicase) catalyzes enzymatic oxidation of poorly soluble uric acid into an inactive and more soluble metabolite allantoin with carbon dioxide and hydrogen peroxide as byproducts in the chemical reaction.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Rasburnat (Rasburicase) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.· Rasburnat (Rasburicase) is usually given as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. Ask your doctor or pharmacist any questions that you may have about Rasburnat (Rasburicase).
· Do not shake Rasburnat (Rasburicase).
· Do not use Rasburnat (Rasburicase) if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged.
· Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use. Follow all local rules for disposal.
· If you miss a dose of Rasburnat (Rasburicase), contact your doctor immediately to establish a new dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Rasburnat (Rasburicase).
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Constipation; diarrhea; headache; mouth sores or ulcers; nausea; stomach pain; vomiting.
Also see the Warnings section.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Rasburnat (Rasburicase) is usually handled and stored by a health care provider. If you are using Rasburnat (Rasburicase) at home, store Rasburnat (Rasburicase) as directed by your pharmacist or health care provider. Keep Rasburnat (Rasburicase) out of the reach of children and away from pets.