- Minimum Order Quantity
- 1 Unit
- Brand name: Mekinist
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Trametinib
- Company Name: Glaxosmithkline
- Package: 30 Tablets/ bottle
- Strength: 2mg
Mekinist (Trametinib) may be used alone or in combination with another medication (dabrafenib) to treat a type of skin cancer (melanoma). Mekinist (Trametinib) works by slowing the growth of skin cancer cells.
Mechanism of action:
Mekinist (Trametinib) is a reversible, allosteric inhibitor of mitogen-activated extracellular signal regulated kinase 1 (MEK1) and MEK2 activation and of MEK1 and MEK2 kinase activity. MEK proteins are upstream regulators of the extracellular signal-related kinase (ERK) pathway, which promotes cellular proliferation. Mekinist (Trametinib) helps with melanoma with the BRAF V600E or V600K as the mutation results in the constitutive activation of the BRAF pathway which includes MEK1 and MEK2.
Dosage and Administration:
- Mekinist (Trametinib) is a pill, taken by mouth, once daily. Take at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- Take Mekinist (Trametinib) exactly as prescribed.
- Swallow Mekinist (Trametinib) tablets whole. Do not crush or dissolve tablets.
- Do not change your dose or stop Mekinist (Trametinib) unless your health care provider tells you to.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it has been 12 hours or more since the missed dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- The amount of Mekinist (Trametinib) that you will receive depends on many factors, your general health or other health problems, and the type of cancer or condition being treated. Current recommendation is for one tablet twice daily, higher doses do not always give a better response and may cause increased toxicity. Your doctor will determine your dose and schedule.
Dizziness, diarrhea, stomach pain, dry/itchy skin, acne, and dry mouth may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly. To relieve dry mouth, suck (sugarless) hard candy or ice chips, chew (sugarless) gum, drink water, or use a saliva substitute.
Pain or sores in the mouth and throat may occur. Brush your teeth carefully/gently, avoid using mouthwash that contains alcohol, and rinse your mouth frequently with cool water mixed with baking soda or salt. It may also be best to eat soft, moist foods.
Before taking Mekinist (Trametinib), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: high blood pressure, heart disease (heart failure), lung problems, bleeding problems, eye problems.
Store: Store Mekinist (Trametinib) in the refrigerator between 36°F to 46°F, not the freezer. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Supply Ability
- As Per Order Requirement Per Day
- Delivery Time
- 1-12 Days