|Home||» Products||» HIV Medicines||» Lopimune Lopinavir Ritonavir|
Lopimune Lopinavir Ritonavir
Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir)
- Brand name: Lopimune
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Lopinavir / Ritonavir
- Company Name: Cipla
- Package : 60 Tablets
- Strength : Lopinavir 200mg+ Ritonavir 50mg
Treating HIV infection. It is used along with other medicines for HIV. Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) is a combination of 2 HIV protease inhibitors. It works by stopping the HIV virus from multiplying.
Mechanism of action:
Lopinavir inhibits the HIV viral protease enzyme. This prevents cleavage of the gag-pol polyprotein and, therefore, improper viral assembly results. This subsequently results in non-infectious, immature viral particles
Ritonavir inhibits the HIV viral proteinase enzyme which prevents cleavage of the gag-pol polyprotein, resulting in noninfectious, immature viral particles.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
· Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) refilled.
· Take Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) by mouth with or without food.
· Swallow Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
· Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) must be taken with other HIV medicines to be effective.
· If you are also taking didanosine, you may take it at the same time as Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) without food.
· Taking Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir).
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Back pain; diarrhea; headache; muscle or joint pain; nausea; stomach pain; tiredness; vomiting; weakness.
Before taking this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to either lopinavir or ritonavir; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver disease, diabetes, pancreatitis, high blood fat levels (cholesterol/triglycerides), heart problems (coronary artery disease, heart attack), bleeding problems (such as hemophilia), previous infection with certain diseases (such as hepatitis B infection, hepatitis C infection, tuberculosis).
Store Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not expose Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) to high humidity outside of the original container for longer than 2 weeks. Keep Lopimune (Lopinavir /Ritonavir) out of the reach of children and away from pets.