|Home||» Products||» HIV Medicines||» Isentress Raltegravir|
Isentress (Raltegravir )
- Brand Name: Isentress
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Raltegravir
- Company Name: MSD
- Package: 60 Tablets/ Bottle
- Strength : 400mg
Treating HIV infection. It is used along with other HIV medicines. Isentress (Raltegravir ) is an HIV-1 integrase strand transfer inhibitor. Isentress (Raltegravir ) is known as an integrase inhibitor. It blocks the virus from growing and infecting more cells. Isentress (Raltegravir ) is not a cure for HIV infection.
Mechanism of action:
Isentress (Raltegravir ) targets integrase, an HIV enzyme that integrates the viral genetic material into human chromosomes, a critical step in the pathogenesis of HIV. The drug is metabolized away via glucuronidation.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Isentress (Raltegravir ) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
· An extra patient leaflet is available with Isentress (Raltegravir ). Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
· Take Isentress (Raltegravir ) by mouth with or without food.
· Swallow Isentress (Raltegravir ) whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
· If you miss a dose of Isentress (Raltegravir ), take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Isentress (Raltegravir ).
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Dizziness; headache; nausea; tiredness; trouble sleeping.
Before taking Isentress (Raltegravir ), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver disease (such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C), muscle disorders (such as rhabdomyolysis, myopathy), high blood levels of creatine kinase (high CK test results).
Store Isentress (Raltegravir ) at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Isentress (Raltegravir ) out of the reach of children and away from pets.