|Home||» Products||» Hepatitis Drugs||» Incivek Telaprevir|
- Brand name: Incivek
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Telaprevir
- Company Name: Vertex
- Package: 6 Tablets per strip
- Strength : 375 mg
Treating chronic hepatitis C virus (genotype 1) infection in patients with compensated liver (due to liver diseases like cirrhosis) that are treatment naive or have failed therapy with interferons (either null or partial responders and treatment relapsers).
Mechanism of action:
Incivek (Telaprevir) is an inhibitor of the HCV NS3/4A serine protease, necessary for the proteolytic cleavage of the HCV encoded polyprotein into mature forms of the NS4A, NS4B, NS5A and NS5B proteins and essential for viral replication. It belongs to the chemical class of alpha-ketoamids and binds to NS3/4A in a covalent but reversible manner.
Dosage and Administration:
Use Incivek (Telaprevir) as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Incivek (Telaprevir) comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Incivek (Telaprevir) refilled.
- Swallow Incivek (Telaprevir) whole. Do not break, crush, chew, cut, or dissolve before swallowing. If you cannot swallow Incivek (Telaprevir) whole, tell your doctor.
- Take Incivek (Telaprevir) by mouth with food (not low fat). Eat a meal or snack that contains about 20 grams of fat within 30 minutes before you take Incivek (Telaprevir). Examples of some foods include: a bagel with cream cheese, 1 cup nuts, 3 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 cup ice cream, 2 ounces American or cheddar cheese, 2 ounces potato chips, or 1 cup trail mix. Discuss any concerns with your doctor.
- Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Incivek (Telaprevir) is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Incivek (Telaprevir).
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Anal or rectal problems (eg, burning, discomfort, itching, hemorrhoids); change in taste; diarrhea; nausea; tiredness; vomiting.
Before taking Incivek (Telaprevir), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Store Incivek (Telaprevir) at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Incivek (Telaprevir) out of the reach of children and away from pets.