|Home||» Products||» Anti Cancer Medicines||» Fludara Fludarabine Phosphate|
Fludara Fludarabine Phosphate
Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)
- Brand Name:Fludara
- Active Ingredient: Fludarabine phosphate
- Company name: United Biotech
This medication is used to treat leukemia and other cancers. It works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells.
Mechanism of action:
Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)phosphate is rapidly dephosphorylated to 2-fluoro-ara-A and then phosphorylated intracellularly by deoxycytidine kinase to the active triphosphate, 2-fluoro-ara-ATP. This metabolite appears to act by inhibiting DNA polymerase alpha, ribonucleotide reductase and DNA primase, thus inhibiting DNA synthesis. The mechanism of action of this antimetabolite is not completely characterized and may be multi-faceted.
Dosage & Administration:
Use Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)is usually given as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use fludarabine. Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
- Avoid contact with skin and mucous membranes (eg, mouth, nose). If Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)accidentally spills on your skin, wash it off immediately with soap and water. If it gets in your eyes, rinse thoroughly with plain tap water.
- Do not use Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged.
- If you miss a dose of fludarabine, contact your doctor right away.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use fludarabine.
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, muscle aches, tiredness, loss of appetite, and pain/redness at the injection site may occur. Nausea and vomiting can be severe. In some cases, your doctor may prescribe medication to prevent or relieve nausea and vomiting. Eating several small meals, not eating before treatment, or limiting activity may help lessen some of these effects. If these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Before using Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Tell your doctor your medical history, especially of: current infections, certain virus illnesses (herpes, chickenpox), blood disorders (e.g., anemia, clotting problems), kidney problems.
Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)is usually handled and stored by a health care provider. If you are using Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)at home, store Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)as directed by your pharmacist or health care provider. Keep Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)out of the reach of children and away from pets.