|Home||» Products||» Hepatitis Drugs||» Dacihep|
- Brand name: Dacihep
- Active Ingeridents: Daclatasvir
- Company Name: Zydus Heptiza
- Package: 28 Tablets
- Strength : 60 mg
Dacihep (Daclatasvir) is used with another antiviral medication (sofosbuvir) to treat chronic (long-lasting) hepatitis C, a viral infection of the liver. Dacihep(Daclatasvir) should never be used without sofosbuvir. Dacihep(Daclatasvir) and sofosbuvir may also be used with another antiviral medication (ribavirin). These medications together reduce the amount ofhepatitis C virus in your body, which helps your immune system fight the infection and may help your liver recover. Chronic hepatitis C infection can cause serious liver problems such as scarring (cirrhosis), or liver cancer.
Mechanism of action:
The dimeric symmetry of these compounds suggests that they act on a dimer of NS5A, which is also consistent with the presence of dimers in crystals of NS5A domain 1 from genotype 1b. Genotype 1a HCV is less potently affected by these compounds and resistance mutations have a greater effect than in the 1b genotypes. We have obtained crystals of domain 1 of the important 1a NS5A homologue and intriguingly, our X-ray crystal structure reveals two new dimeric forms of this domain. Furthermore, the high solvent content (75%) makes it ideal for ligand-soaking. Dacihep(Daclatasvir) (DCV) shows twofold symmetry suggesting NS5A dimers may be of physiological importance and serve as potential binding sites for DCV. These dimers also allow for new conformations of a NS5A expansive network which could explain its operation on the membranous web. Additionally, sulfates bound in the crystal structure may provide evidence for the previously proposed RNA binding groove, or explain regulation of NS5A domain 2 and 3 function and phosphorylation.
Dosage and Administration:
Take Dacihep(Daclatasvir) exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to.
- Do not change your dose unless your healthcare provider tells you to.
- Take Dacihep(Daclatasvir) 1 time each day with or without food.
- If you miss a dose of Dacihep(Daclatasvir), take the missed dose as soon as you remember the same day. Take the next dose at your regular time.
- If you miss a dose of Dacihep(Daclatasvir) and remember the next day, skip the missed dose. Take the next dose at your regular time. Do not take 2 doses of Dacihep(Daclatasvir) at the same time to make up for the missed dose.
- If you take too much Dacihep(Daclatasvir), call your healthcare provider or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away
Tiredness, headache, nausea, or diarrhea may occur. If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Before taking Dacihep(Daclatasvir), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Dacihep(Daclatasvir) room temperature away from moisture and heat.