|Home||» Products||» Anti Cancer Medicines||» Cometriq Cabozantinib|
- Brand name: cometriq
- Active Ingeridents(Generic Name) : Cabozantinib
- Company Name: Exelixis
- Package: 60 capsules
- Strength: 100mg
Cometriq (Cabozantinib) is used to treat thyroid cancer (medullary type) that has spread to other parts of the body. It works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells. This medication belongs to a class of drugs known as tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
Mechanism of action:
Cometriq (Cabozantinib) inhibits specific receptor tyrosine kinases such as VEGFR-1, -2 and -3, KIT, TRKB, FLT-3, AXL, RET, MET, and TIE-2.
Dosage and Administration:
- Cometriq (Cabozantinib) is a pill, taken by mouth.
- Take Cometriq (Cabozantinib) on an empty stomach. Do not eat for at least 2 hours before and at least 1 hour after taking Cometriq (Cabozantinib).
- You should not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit during treatment with Cometriq (Cabozantinib). It may change the amount of Cometriq (Cabozantinib) in your blood.
- Take Cometriq (Cabozantinib) exactly as prescribed.
- Swallow Cometriq (Cabozantinib) capsules whole with at least 8 ounces of water. Do not crush, dissolve or open capsules.
- Do not change your dose or stop Cometriq (Cabozantinib) unless your health care provider tells you to.
- If you miss a dose and your next dose is due in:
- Less than 12 hours, take your next dose at the normal time. Do not make up the next dose.
- 12 hours or more, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Take your next dose at the normal time.
- Do not take more than 1 dose of Cometriq (Cabozantinib) at one time. Call your health care provider right away if you take too much.
- The amount of Cometriq (Cabozantinib) that you will receive depends on many factors, your general health or other health problems, and the type of cancer or condition being treated. Current recommendation is for one tablet twice daily, higher doses do not give a better response and may cause increased toxicity. Your doctor will determine your dose and schedule.
Dizziness, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, mouth sores, constipation, stomach pain, tiredness, weakness, weight loss, decreased appetite, taste changes, hoarseness, and lightening of hair color may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Before taking Cometriq (Cabozantinib), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Store: Store at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, Keep out of the reach of children. Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.